A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Demoted

Last week
I got demoted
From my position
Of power
Back to just
A mere associate

When I received the notice
I acted like I didn't already notice
What was bound to happen
Considering the conversations I had
With the manager
In her office

Not only cause of lack of focus
I lost this opportunity
Because of my maturity
Apparently since I'm carefree
From time to time
And I allow
wandering & questioning thoughts
& the opinions of peers
To cross my mind
I'm
Considered guilty
For innocently
Committing a crime

My job
Was to lead
But I didn't succeed
I didn't supply
Enough effort
To meet
The demands
The wants
The needs
Of what was
Required of me

I'm a great worker
An excellent person
But if she can't see that
What's it worth then?

Is it worth me staying?
Knowing I've got the potential
To be playing
The position
I need to be
But because of my "inadequacies"
Its now a place I'll never reach
A setting I'll never see
Especially
Since somebody has already
Filled out their application
Been interviewed twice
And has been hired
To replace me

As much as I don't want to believe
That this is the end for me
It's devastating not meeting
A goal
You've been patiently waiting for
However,
It is only an occupation
& amidst all the frustration
There will be soon a time of elation

Til then I'm saying
All I wanted to do was
To excel at my duties
To love
Appreciate
& Motivate you
Truthfully

I know this might be debated
But I may ask to be terminated
Because I don't know how long I can take this

This feeling of being demoted
From the position of power
That I was 1st promoted
From being your love, your man
To now being
just a mere associate

No comments:

Post a Comment