A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pinocchio's Wish

I pray
I never run out of her
If I do
My lungs will cease function
My blood will thin out
Suffocation shall begin

She's my air

I hope
The glass I have of her
Stays full
If it empties
My temple will sweat
My throat will be engulfed in flames
Dehydration will commence

She's my elixir

I wish
the cling I have to her
Holds forever
If I release
My skin will go numb
Every folicle of my hair
Will fall
Deterioration can start

She's my gravity

I'm addicted
Intoxicated
Infected
Afflicted
Conflicted
Affected
Effected
By anything
She speaks
Thinks
& does

And that might be the problem

She's got me by the...

Strings

She can make me smile
Dance & Sing
Walk & talk
Anyway she wants
With the tug of her finger

Worst part?
I like it
But...

I wanna be a real boy

No longer a puppet played
By strings of influence
But a man of flesh & bone
Able to walk talk
Sing dance
Work succeed
Love pray
On my own

I think it'd be appreciated
By my "Ms. Geppetto"
If she let go
Of the puppet controls
And watched me
Perform my own show

Allowing me to become
The human man
I was created to be
All the while
Making her (one day)
The leading lady

She's my air
She's my gravity
She's my elixir
She's my joy

But you can't feel
Flesh feelings
As a puppet

Damn

I can't wait to be a real boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment