A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Friday, August 23, 2013

One Year in N.C.

To Cuzo
For having a heart as open as the home she runs
For Panthers and Bobcats games
For Lexi
For a bed a roof and a shower

To my spiritual folks
For giving me keys to their house
For being more than familiar faces
For being mentors

To sis
For being my sis
For Good Morning Jesus
For protein shakes
For knowing me more than I know myself sometimes

To Goon Homie
For constantly reminding me why we're homies
For being a female me
For Kanye's verse in "I Put On"
For "It's Good"

To Karate Man
For showing me that poetry and martial arts are one in the same
For proving its possible to be misunderstood by the masses
Yet still be the coolest thing ever

To RayMan
For teaching me the meaning of "Turn Up"
For homecoming at Livingston

To Lil Lady
For turning the world into a happy place
Where unicorns are transportation
And rainbows are roads

To Mooresville Main and Express Concord
For jokes and smiling faces
For second chances
For letting me lead

To OGMBC & SWAGGA
For saying "it's ok to be involved again"
For Friday Night Live
For "Jeremiah 29:11"

To Red @ 28th, Amelie's and Midnight Diner
For being my safe havens of peace
For solidifying that solitary confinement
isn't such a bad thing

To SlamCharlotte and Underground Railroad
For challenging my poetry
For humbling my spirit

To 25/20 and Zion Fitness
For motivating my engine
For screaming "PUSH!"

To Epicentre
For getting through to my head
that the party eventually ends

To H&M
For cookouts
For impromptus
For Boardwalk Billie's
For Nights At The Roundtable

To The Wolfpack
For not letting me be a one man wolfpack any longer

To Nerd Gang
For Game of Thrones
For video games
For Heroes Aren't Hard To Find

To Mime Gang
For The Brotherhood
For The Sisterhood too I guess
For a comfortably uncomfortable lifestyle

To Chuck Norris Gang
For letting everyone know who eats
a bowl of awesome with a glass of badass
for breakfast

To Black Hollywood
For inspiring a flame from miles away
For #DriveThru

To Love
For not allowing me to leave you out of this one
For your impact
For trying again
For introducing me to 85% of the friends I've made here
For Atlanta and Virginia
For your Grandpa
For Ryan Leslie and Lecrae
For your smile
For heartache
For my rebirth
For Love

To Smallville
For missing me as much as I missed you
For surviving Sandy although I wasn't there to protect you
For understanding why Metropolis was the move
For staying relatively and sweetly the same every time I visit
For my friends I call family
For Bro
For Mom
For Pop
Yeah definitely for Pop

Lastly

To you Greg
For learning how to be Clark Kent
For filling your notebook
For letting patience be a close friend again
For the Greg Shrug
For smiles
For tears
For struggle
For laughter
For growth
For continuous growth
For Greg 2.0
For enrolling
For deciding to save the world one youth at a time
For changing
For transforming
For still remaining Greg
For making me proud of you for the first time in a long time

I thank you
All of you
For helping me see
How much of beautiful life
Can fit
In one year


No comments:

Post a Comment