A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Distant Closeness

You're right next to me
Yet Light Years away
I'm stuck on the now
You? Yesterday
Oh I believe in it but
Was your heart in it
Do you realize
That though I'm lookin into your eyes
It feels like we're lookin at 2 different colors of skies
Night & Day if you will
Not on the same page, Still
I wait for you to keep proofreading any misleading errors in our story
Erasing memories attached to our glory
All I ask is that you catch up and we write together
During any weather
We are to write our history with both our right hands grasped on one pen
But then is it a possiblity?
When, though we may be conjoined physically,
We are surgically separated emotionally and mentally
I'm laying with you
But you're lying to me
Cuz I'm in your head and you wanna ask me
Should we?
I see you smell you and breathe your air
It doesn't matter whether or not I can touch you
Either way
You're really not there

No comments:

Post a Comment