A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Unattractive

To give you a little more insight on "Everything I Am" I'm posting a poem I wrote about well... me! I try not to write anything that's TOO OBVIOUS about what I go through personally but I can't hide from this one. lol Call it a "formal introduction" to those who don't "know" me. If you do know me, maybe a "reaquaintance" if you will lol... Enjoy!

Unattractive

I was never cute

Never handsome

Sexy?!... yeah sure

So what does that make me? Ugly

Dumbo, Ears

Fat Snacks, Punk

These are just a few of the names I was labeled

While growing up

This is what makes me ugly

My index fingers on each hand

Are shaped in a way that someone could question

if there was some type of blood relation

Between me and E.T.

Extending a lingering finger to touch mine

In hopes that if I were to point back a light would shine

“Phone Home” is what they told me

& this is what makes me ugly

22 years old and I still have a bit of baby in me

And when I say that I’m not talking about my behavior

Even though sometimes I act 13

I mean it physically

To be more specific I still have baby teeth

Will they grow back if they fall out?

Definitely

Not.

& this is what makes me ugly

I have a birthmark on my arm that desires to grow and expand with me

Additionally, I’ve never actually really physically fought anybody

I hold my head with my left hand whenever I eat

I know I look skinny but with the way I eat I should be back to weighing 853 lb

I try my best not to approach women… really

For the fear that they’ll think I’m like every other dude trying to get in their panties

Whenever I laugh hysterically, the half hyena comes out of me

I’m too patient, bite-sized urgency

Keepin my cool to the point that I’m freezing any panic pouring out from me

I analyze and critique, give and help generously to everyone else in the world except me

This is what makes me oh so very ugly

So how can God still love me?

Because this is a bittersweet symphony

Now turned into a sugar sweet epiphany

Not an alien but a different human being

Hailing from the planet of Neptune in the state of New Jersey

Add that with the facts or flaws stated before and the result is I

am a word that begins with U but refuses to include the letters g, l, or y

I am just a weird, kinda sorta attractive, “he has a real nice personality”

“Girl we need more men like him”, “Dog I wanna be like him”

Unique type of guy

No comments:

Post a Comment