A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Chivalry Isn't Dead

It's extremely rare
An endangered species
Dodo bird/Bald Eagle status

You barely ever see it
But when you do
you gaze upon it in amazement
Wondering how does this not
happen to me?

Chivalry is not dead

It just lives in the basement
in that one dark corner
that remains untouched
until it's needed
But it's always needed

Integrity is a ball made of pigskin
being tossed around a field
until someone scores
then spiked on a grass-like floor

Girls posing as whores
are being glorified
for showing their glory holes
Little boys posing as bosses
are being praised
for how much bread they toss

Chivalry is not dead

It's a little lost
Trying to find its place, its purpose
in a world filled with
"Ain't Sh*t A**holes" and
"Wanna-Be Bad B*tches"
It's sickening to me

Maybe I've been spoiled by what I've seen
I watched my parents
still love and cherish each other
after 30+ years of being married
So I guess I feel the need
to carry on that legacy

Call me Mr. Chivalry Murray
Opening establishment doors
Closing car doors
Financing first dates
Making sure she's not back home late
unless she want's me in her home late

I know dudes are gonna hate
because they can't do what I do
I know girls ain't gonna be attracted
because I'm something they're not used to

But I will remain true to who I am
and who I am
is not only a man
but a gentleman
85% of the time
The other 15% is reserved for bedtime
I'll save that for another poem

Chivalry is not dead

As long as ladies and gentlemen
still thrive
and honestly

Chivalry will never die
for as long as I'm alive

No comments:

Post a Comment