A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Just A Poet

I ain't much
I'm just a poet
I free my mind from time to time
Well maybe all the time

Maybe my notebook is a nightclub
and I'm the DJ
and I make letters dance together in their groups
to the thoughts I play
The crowd jumps off the dance floor
with every song I drop

But I ain't much
I'm just a poet

Well there was that one time
I took a trip to the moon
I flew there just to put
the our planet in my palms
I put bigger footprints in the moon's sands
than Buzz Aldrin
I had stars in my hand
and threw them to space
to cover the skies in confetti
Had myself a Lone Wolf Lunar Party
but I returned home

Because I'm just a poet

I ain't much
I'm just me

And sometimes my similes and metaphors
pour wisdom into souls
Sometimes my lyrics liberate countries
and free the enslaved
Sometimes I become a mass of
muscle and blood
and God is the puppeteer
Sometimes what I relay comes in clear
and other times comprehension
visits my listeners later

Sometimes I turn haters into believers
Believers into dreamers
Dreamers into overachievers and
Overachievers into angels

I am a poet
I speak, breathe, and eat life
Project strife into a cocoon
and birth it as a butterfly

I am just me
Gregory
An alien among humans
It just so happens that
I put thoughts, emotions,
struggles and triumphs
to paper

But if you ever get to know me
like really know me
you'll see that I'm so much more
than just a poet

No comments:

Post a Comment