A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pieces

My heart
My spirit
They're shattered glass
that's been scattered past
the sands and oceans

I wrote that in a poem once
Never did I think something I wrote
to describe myself
would or could be applied
to someone else
on this level

And then I met you

I caught it early too
I found it interesting how
the songs that played between us
the ones we verbally danced back and forth to
they all referred to that one past love

The one we were supposed to spend
the rest of our lives with
The one that had that kung-fu grip on our hearts
our lives

And without warning
without a disclaimer
without any gratitude
they let go
and lit the fuse
Then boom

Our worlds were obliterated
decimated, demolished
Even after we accepted the fact
we were bombing victims
we were still broken beyond comprehension
To the point where all that's left now
are pieces

I see a bit of myself in you
No not sexually
I'm lying
Definitely sexually
But I mean it more spiritually
We are puzzles left incomplete
Trying to figure out what the picture
that is our future is supposed to be

I don't know your whole story
and you don't know mine
and maybe we're not supposed to
But I do know I hope our pieces become intertwined
And I'm able to help you put yourself back together
and vice versa

We'd like to think they hurt us
No, they helped us
They were the storms that rained down on the soil
that was our souls
and moved away
so the sun rays can beam on us
and make us grow

I already see you as a beautiful tulip
but I believe you could one day be a tree
like me
or at least that's what I'm trying to be

Hopefully it's not for a short season
but our snapped shells met and melded together
for a reason
and for that
I'm eternally grateful
My mind screams at the top of its lungs

"Thank you"

You are not only a breath of fresh air
You're a sweet sigh of relief
Someone that understands me
when I wrote in a poem once

I'm a million piece jigsaw puzzle
waiting to be labeled complete

No comments:

Post a Comment