A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Illumination

I used to be a light
Warm
Comforting
Flexible
Constant
Quick
Positive

Now? The candle has been blown
& it wasn't a birthday wish
It was goodnight
Goodbye
Time to close my eyes
And wait for the sun to rise
To wake me up

However that might not ever come
We're in Alaska
A flat freezing tundra with the only thing steady is silence and cold
Not to mention the sun only comes out for maybe a hour out the day...
Good luck feeling that long warmth again
Great job tryna find real love again
Hope things don't get too old again

Because unlike you
I can light my fire again
Only this time with a different match
A different friend
A different catalyst for my life that's needed

This is not human
But it is a person
I am His creation
And He is my Illumination

No comments:

Post a Comment