A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

On Break @ Work (Boxing/Wrestling)

20 minutes until I clock in
But my the writer inside my brain is blocked in
Gotta think outside the box
Better yet outside the circle
Because if this were boxing
The place where my thoughts
Are fighting is called a ring

Ding ding
There's the bell
The thought of her never coming back
swings and connects hard as hell
With the thought of me being content with never finding a lover
Laughing & Taunting
Talking
"You can't have her...
You're gonna hate being alone...
There is no other"

I discover this is a dream
So this match of boxing
Is now tag team
Completing the transformation to wrestling

Slap!
Two new opponents are brought into the fight
Tusseling... Struggling
Fighting under the lights

The thought of me going home bodyslams
the thought of my funds being sufficent enough to take care of myself
Then screams as its opponent is down
Is wealth more important than mental health?

By this time someone's knocked out the ref
And its a free for all
More than just 4 thoughts going at it
The ring is now bursting at the ropes
In hope of settling this match
Someone brings the ref back
He senses the mayhem
He stops the madness
Then proceeds to clear the ring
While filling the crowd that's in attendance
(Who once were in disagreement)
with gladness

With 2 minutes left until I clock in
The writer inside my mind is no longer blocked in
He's free to roam around the ring
(Well today anyway)
After all the chaos that's insued
Metaphorically through
boxing & wrestling

No comments:

Post a Comment