A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Video: Uncertain

I've actually posted this poem before but I wanted to recite it and post a video because it's one of my favorites... I did a couple ad-libs too smh lol Hopefully you enjoy!



Uncertain


I’m at a loss for words
As if a robber was holding a gun
To my tongue
Screaming “Gimmie all your nouns and verbs!
Gimmie your thoughts
Gimmie your ideas
Gimmie your existence
Gimmie your personality
Gimmie your world
Two options:
I can have your words
Or I’ll elongate the pain in your soul’s stay”
Either way
I’m so unsure of what to say

My eyes bleed tears
My soul cries blood
A flash flood of emotions
Has demolished my sanctuary
My home
A force I’m unable to stop
Has twisted my cerebellum inside out
The little monkey has stopped
Beating its cymbals together
The hamster has jumped out
Its running wheel too
The truth?
I’m so unsure of what to do

Self-applied pressure
Enough to bust a hot air balloon
Is running through both of our veins
Only I took the needle
And injected you thinking it was
The right prescription
Wrong
How long can this last?
Your past isn’t as fast as me
A Realization hits me harder than
9th grade geometry
it’s not up to me
It’s you who has to decide

If the whole thing
Yes the L
The O
The V
And yes even the E
Is something you want or need

Because now I’m becoming
Uncertain
if I’m the person
we’re supposed to be

No comments:

Post a Comment