A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Scrutinized (Nice Guys)

There's this saying:
"Nice Guys Finish Last"
It's untrue
We don't even finish at all

We're considered small
The "little man" is what we're called
The person who's mislabeled as not having balls
When our back's to the wall
Its wrong

I'm tired of this song
We're too considerate
Too literate
Not ignorant enough to be
Self-centered. It's
a trait we were born & raised with
We cannot fake it
We are made this
You, the World,
Both men and women
Hate us

Why?
Because I can naturally do what you try
Because I'm in touch with my emotions enough to cry
Yet still be a man
On my own two feet stand
And still help out anyone in need that walks by?
You use people as stepping stools
In order to fly
And I'm the one that ends up crucified?!?!

I
Am
A
Nice
Guy

I'm sorry
I apologize
That I don't pay attention the "m" or "e" in team
And I see that more than "I" is in the word glorified
My eyes have seen what this world's become
A planet undone and overrun
With corruption
With selfishness and hatred
Everyone wondering
How much money the next one's making
What am I not understanding?

What am I missing?
Why are people dissing anyone or everyone that has a heart?
When did it start to become a fad?
To not be good man
But to be a boy... That's (for lack of a better word) bad
I really don't get it
Its honestly sad

But hey: "Nice Guys Finish Last" huh?
I told you we don't finish at all
We don't stop... There's no finish line
We not even runnin the same race as yall
And here's a lil tidbit for ya
A startling statement
that'll shake ya
break ya ankles
making you stumble and fall:

God
is the nicest guy of us all

No comments:

Post a Comment