A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Monday, May 17, 2010

May 12th-17th: Bittersweet Vacation

"Bittersweet... you're gonna be the death of me... I don't want you... but I need you... I love you and hate you at the very same time... See what I want so much... should never hurt this bad"

Ok so "Hate" is such a strong word... maybe dislike... disapprove... yeah that works but anyway... Excuse me for shying away from my daily posting. I've been quite busy.

"And still we grind from the bottom, just to make to the bottom... Tell the gang I never break my promise mayne"

1st was the Philly trip... seein a couple old friends made me all types of happy... not 2 mention gettin an actual PHILLY CHEESESTEAK! (DP holla at me! lol... i'm such a fat kid huh? "NAAH SON!" lmao)... (sp. thanx 2 "The Lady"... great seeing you!) Philly I miss you... I love you... and thank you for helpin me become who i am now

"Ok I'm back up on my grind... You do you and I'm just gon' do mine... You do you cuz I'm jus gon' be fine... OK I got you out my mind... The night is young... the drinks is cold... The stars are out... I'm ready to go"

The next day wasn't so fun... I picked up the phone when I shouldn't have... I said and heard some things I didn't want to but needed to... and I reacted in a way that scared me... I didn't cry... I didn't get angry... I got cold ("I'm Cold!!" (Kanye voice))... I got numb... And that's the worst feeling... To not feel anything at all... (Shoutout 2 the homie SJ 4 havin a drink with his bro in short notice)... It's ok... At a time like that, revelations appear... I think I got smacked by one

"You can't be me I'm A Rockstar... It's almost over now..."

Friday the 14th was outstanding... I took a trip to AC and it didn't disappoint... (I gambled 4 the 1st time in my life btw) I got to see my brotha from anotha... The coolest guy in the universe ("Forget dem aliens baby I'm cooler than them 2")Mr. Matt Burroughs... and I got to meet (FINALLY) his son... my nephew... and as I was holding him and we looked into each other's eyes, a smile was brought across his face that forcefully made me smile back... It was as if he already knew who I was... We were comfortable... Two and 1/2 men... watching Sportscenter... (Crazy fact: MJ is not even 4 months yet... but he whenever sports are on the tv he watches... and doesnt move until there's a commercial... then he "talks" to his father... smh TRUE STORY!) "The Commission" was in full effect... plus 1... The Goodfellas... emphasis on the "Good"

"We are a family... Like a giant tree... growing stronger... growing wiser"

The last two days of the "Invasion" was straight family time... Spending time with family (blood and extended) is the greatest treasure one could have... It can get you through anything... However, on the flip side it can put you through hell... Fortunately, this was one of those "laugh-at-everything-learn-some-wisdom-and-cherish-these-type-of-moments-because-not-too-many-people-have-what-we've-got" type of times... Nuff said

"I don't wanna leave... But I gotta go right now... And I'll be back to hold you down"

And now... on the 17th Superman must return back to Metropolis. (well Orlando, rather) There are people in dire need of a hero... in need of salvation... in need of help... Ironically, I'm one of those people... Though I'm glad to be starting yet another new and interesting chapter in my life, there are some things I'm sad to let go of... The bittersweetness has settled in... I hate the taste... Sorry, "hate" is such a strong word...

Superman. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment