A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

May 4th: Son of a Pop

The Murray family is celebrating once again this year. This time, it's for my father. Although he might look like he's 35... He's turned 50 today, finalizing the truth that because of his genes, I'll be 50 looking 35 myself. lol My father and I had an interesting relationship to say the least. It's had it's ups... It's had it's downs... but no matter how much at times I didn't like him I still loved him. I had no choice but to appreciate him. He was there... Growing up I felt like I was the only kid that still had his FATHER in their life... Honestly, though I didn't agree with some of his "unique raising techniques", it made me the man I am today. For that I'm forever grateful. Photographer... Journalist... Drummer... Songwriter... Brother... Son... These are the aspects of a person I call my father... My Dad or sometimes Popz Diggity... Happy Birthday Dad... here's to 50 more

One thing I appreciate "Poppa Stax" for is him opening my mind to different types of music when i was just a kid. Here's one of my favorite songs he introduced into my existence (I still blast it out of my car to this day Pop!)

"Birdland" by Weather Report

No comments:

Post a Comment