A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 5th: Cinco De Mayo

The question I've been getting asked the most this week has been "What are you doing for Cinco De Mayo?". It got me to thinking... "Why does the United States celebrate this day?" I've done a little research and I've come to the conclusion it's yet another "holiday" publicized to make people spend money for a cause they know nothing about (i.e. Valentine's Day). Apparently, "Cinco De Mayo" is supposed to be a holiday to celebrate Mexican heritage and pride. However, according to a paper published by the UCLA Center for the Study of Latino Health and Culture in 2007, the holiday isn't even really celebrated nor even paid attention to in Mexico.

So, why do we as Americans, celebrate it?

Interesting....

Superman. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment