A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Monday, May 17, 2010

New Work: Flying Is Better Than Driving

They say the choices
You make today
Shape your world
Tomorrow

Well then I guess I better
Get right with God now
Because it’s looking like
My world is gonna end
In less than 24 hours

We’re about to be at a crossroads
Better yet
A fork in the road
Because the route options given
Don’t cross paths

I’m driving fast
& her ass: not even in the car yet
But she feels obligated to ride
So she tries to set aside
Whatever pride she has
Climbs inside
And proceeds to drive

I know my destination
She’s lost her map
Her GPS don’t work
& she still doesn’t wanna ask for directions
At the nearest gas station

So now I’m waitin’
Waitin’ on her to catch up with me
To see the sights I see
Believe what I believe
My tank’s on full
She ain’t been drivin’ but for so long
And already
She’s on E

She calls me
She tells me
She needs me
And me being the superhero
Named Mr. Silly
I drive back to where she’s stopped
Pop open her tank
And siphon into her any fuel or energy
I’ve got

So that she can continue driving with me
A Revelation hits me:
I’ve transferred so much that now
I’m on empty
& I can’t ride with her because
She’s driving a 1 seat
Leaving no room for me clearly

“Don’t worry,”
She says as her engine roars
“I’ll be back for you if you wait”
But I don’t believe her
So I throw on my cape
While she drives away
I soar
And say
“Flying is better than driving anyway”

No comments:

Post a Comment