A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Solitary Confinement

This is not forced
This is not two prison guards carrying me away
because I shanked my inmate
This is Cast Away on purpose, No Wilson
This is a hot date with my soul
and she's looking gorgeous tonight

This is getting weird looks
This is saying "maybe next time" repeatedly
This is finding out who cares
and not caring who doesn't
This is Beyonce after Destiny's Child
Justin after N Sync

This is leaving the Justice League
This is riding roller coasters while listening to an ipod
This is packing notebooks full of emotions
This is celebrating a promotion with a cup of tea
This is not letting a breakup own me

This is taking the scenic route
This is finding a record player
This is the thirst at an all time high
This is wishing my parents never threw away
that teddy bear
This is rebirth and cutting my own umbilical
This is not taking medicine
and sweating out the sickness

This is not just a 9 to 5
This is midnight to 11:59
This is a haircut every two weeks
workouts four times a week
and cooking on sundays

This is detox

This is releasing the butterflies
This is Instagram pics with no tags
This is not relying on alcohol
This is abstinence
This is every waitress feeling curious
This is purgatory between being a hero and a villian

This is going to bed at a decent hour
This is continually being in a room full of strangers
This is Kobe taking over, No assists
This is LeBron in Cleveland
This is Bedside Baptist
This is not receiving advice
This is still being nice enough to say hello

This is saving money
This is reading books
This is going back to school
This is not being homesick
This is letting my phone die
This is discipline
This is routine and organization

This is not social network

This is not loneliness

This is self inflicted exile

This is putting on muscle spiritually
This is toasts to empty chairs
This is a serenade by own breaths

This is not for you

This is knowing God
This is prayer
This is letting go
This is who I am

This is freedom

This is life

For now...


No comments:

Post a Comment