A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Uncertain Pt. 2 (The Unknown)

The "Unknown"

That's what you're afraid of...

Right?

Not being sure of what's to come next
Lost without GPS
Out of the loop
Last page of the book ripped out
Final scene of the movie cut

I get it

Endings are essential for you

The definite outcome of events
are more important than
the events themselves

Trust, I know
It's not easy cycling
the Tour De France
and winning
if you're unaware of the
twists and turns
the race has to offer

But that's why you live
because as much as you would
love to throw in the world's face
that you have complete control of things
You really don't
and it's ok

Life is only your puppet by so much

Especially when it comes to love

See that?
Love is living in the unknown

Acknowledging that there's a risk
in the collaboration taking
an unexpected turn
into an unfamiliar and unpleasant realm
Yet still understanding that
despite this risk
regardless of this chance
the butterflies
the dreams
the sparks
the bliss
all of it
makes it
worth it

Trust it

Welcome that uneasy feeling
that makes you think twice on
whether or not
you should dive into this pool
It's cool, I do the same thing sometimes
But my answer to
"Are you sure?
Do you want this?"
never changes
But if i'm asked
"Does she?"

See, that's where I'm uncertain

That's where I think of closing curtains
at mediocre Broadway play
followed by a soft symphony
of cricket chirps and golf claps

That's a bit of a problem for me

I feel like love and uncertainty
should rarely be mentioned
in the same sentence
So pardon me
for having blood thinners
running through the I.V.
that's connected to my patience

Love is embracing your faith

It's embracing the belief that although
every once in a while may be healthy,
taking weekly breaks aren't really necessary
The belief that a tiny bit of selfishness
and a whole lot of generosity
can co-exist in harmony
The belief in the fact that the effort put into
true friendships, relationships, and marriages
aren't 50/50
It's 100 and 100 from both parties equally

All I ever wanted
since I met you
was to just be happy with you
and you with me
But it seems we're reading different books
Forget being on the same page

I'm exhausted
I'm tired
I'm tired of treading water
waiting for you to swim to me
while you are frozen in terror
standing only knee deep

I had no idea uncertainty was contagious
until the day I was diagnosed doubtful
of whether or not you can be called my world
any longer

I don't want to be scared of the unknown like you

I love you

But I guess that's the problem
It's happiness
It's passion
It's heaven
It's love

The "Me"

That's what you're afraid of...

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment