A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Monday, June 24, 2013

The Wind

It captures me
Anytime I try to capture it
It always spills inbetween my fingers
No use crying over it
I tipped the glass into my temple willingly

The Wind

It isn't cold but you can see it
move like a bullet train
carrying passengers who,
unaware of the destination,
bought tickets
The train moves out of the tunnel
and into their coming out party
They are finally happy here
They've been stagnant at the station
for far too long

A power outage from within
prevents them from knowing
when the ride arrives
That is until a clock
turns from charcoal midnight
to amber dawn

"Here it comes..."

The Wind

It moves so freely here
A mobile nightclub
better than a party bus
or Diddy on his private jet

Watch it dance wickedly
like it doesn't have bones in its limbs
Freaking out
as if it just saw the universe and
it's their biggest fan

The wind, the wind
The Wind

can't be shackled by anything
but time
and water
and pain
and coughs

It breathes
Inhale
Exhale

Inhale hell
Exhale truth
Inhale kryptonite
Exhale myself
Inhale Wonder Woman
Exhale Lois Lane
Inhale life
Exhale heaven
Inhale life
Exhale
Exhale

The Wind

has led me here to you
Thank you Dream
for helping me convert
my nightmares into you
Next time I'm here
I pray you are too
So I can sample another one of your
favorite flavors of

The Wind




No comments:

Post a Comment