A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Warm Bodies

Stiff, slow moving
groaning, flesh eating
zombies

Ya ever date one?

It's kinda fun
They don't really have
much of a mind of their own
so you kind of help them along
lost puppy style

Unfortunately
that's where the hunger takes in
When they begin to tear into your skin
and eat away at your emotions

You allow it

You welcome it because you figure
"in order to keep a zombie
I should become one myself"

Sike

A nice crack on the head proves
that humanity still lives within the undead
and that attaching yourself to someone
who refuses to live
is deadly in itself

I've happened to figure out
that even zombies like to cuddle
Guess you never really appreciate
how warm your body is
until you're laying next to one

It's not what you wanted
Not what you saw
Destiny wasn't supposed to be
conversing with death
But that bite
and taking that last breath
before your body went numb
showed you a lot didn't it?

You can't change who you really are
You either stay the same or evolve
into who you're denying yourself to be

Run into your humanity
the sun is so much brighter there

No comments:

Post a Comment