A Heartfelt Welcome

To those of you who call me friend, those of you that call me love, those of you who call me brother, those of you that call me son, those of you who call me hero, & those of you who don't know me at all: I welcome you to the mind of a man who's destined to save the world...
1 word at a time.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Tricky Thing

Time is a tricky thing
A wicked commodity
A free bird
Always been a factor with us right?

Like seeing Harry Potter at the theaters?
Or exchanging gifts for Christmas?
Or our first date and we talked about
when we first met?

Now that's a story too

Guy sees girl at a bar
Guy thinks girl is gorgeous but is too scared
because of guys surrounding her
The night goes on and suddenly
guy and girl are intertwined in conversation
More like a roast
of the world around them

An uncanny connection
An undeniable feeling
Living proof that
simultaneous heartbeats
do exist

Until a decision would be made
that severed the transmission
between the radios
that were playing each other's
favorite love song

Since then
Gods have been acknowledged
homes have been packed and moved
and children have been created and given
a chance to dance in the sun
And now we're here
reconnected like lego pieces
trying to rebuild something
there's no instructions for

But the one thing that's constant
is that time is a tricky thing
Sometimes I know things would've been different
if we both listened to the serenity
that was the open sea of our souls
instead of the crashing waves
on the sandy beaches in our brains

What's unknown is the amount of bliss
pouring from our pores
if different songs were sung
We cant waste any more
of the most important resource known to man
than we already have

So let's just be
and just build
Til skyscrapers turn into anthills
Til clouds become our beds
and stars are our next door neighbors
Til Heaven is that apartment
that lives above us
blasting great music
and smelling of amazing cooking

I wish I could tell you how the story ends
I can't
All I can conclude is that
time
life
and love
are all very tricky things

No comments:

Post a Comment